Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ron Paul

I don't know what to make of this, but I like Ron Paul. At least I like what he said in this Rolling Stone interview. The best line?
Besides, who are the people telling us there'll be problems if we leave? The same ones who said it would be a ­cakewalk. What kind of credibility do they have?
I don't know what to make of this. I know he's a protectionist, an isolationist, and the gold standard stuff goes beyond nutty. But I like his honesty. and I love that he's rational about Iraq.

His remarks about Iran were also interesting:
That's why you have all of this warmongering going on: It is to try to find an excuse to start bombing him before they [IAEA] prove that he doesn't have a chance of having a weapon.
And dovetail with this news about the National Intelligence Estimate on Iran:
A National Intelligence Estimate (NIE) on Iran has been held up for more than a year in an effort to force the intelligence community to remove dissenting judgments on the Iranian nuclear programme, and thus make the document more supportive of U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney's militarily aggressive policy toward Iran, according to accounts of the process provided by participants to two former Central Intelligence Agency officers.

No comments: